Hi everybody.. It’s been a while since I have posted on my blog. I have been very busy making jam and coming up with some new, delicious flavors.
Over the weekend, I was really in the mood for some Crepes. Yes, we all love them with Nutella… but another healthier version is to make it with Jam.
To get started, you will need a few things..
First, make sure you have all the ingredients needed. They should be easy to find and you may even have most of them already in your pantry.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk (2% or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 7t tablespoons of vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup jam (your preference) for the filling
1. Whisk all the the above ingredients in a bowl until smooth. I honestly start out with the flour and then I add my eggs, milk, water and salt. Most suggest not to worry about what comes first but I experienced sometimes some lumpiness within the batter.
2. Heat up a nonstick an over medium- high heat and add one tablespoon of vegetable oil into a frying pan ( I used a 7inch pan)
3. Pour the batter into the pan, using about 1/4 cup for each crepe. ( I use a soup scoop which makes it easier to mesure)
4. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coast the surface evenly. ( make sure you have enough oil in the pan)
5. Cook the crepe for like 30- 40 seconds, until the bottom is light brown, then loosen the edged with a spatula and flip.
6. Let the other side cook for the same amount, 30 – 40 seconds.
7. Place the crepes on a separate plate and let it cool a bit.
8. After they are cooled, spread 2 tablespoons of jam onto the surface of each crepe…
9. and roll it up…
10. Garnish the fresh crepes with some fresh fruit and whipped cream… and et voila.. La Crepe c’est si bon!!!
Happy deserting, nicole