Check out the new packaging of liebe is jam.
Mothers Day is around the corner. How about giving her a lovely ceramic Farmer’s Market Basket with some jam of your choice!
Go to my Etsy store to put your order in right now.
Check out Jammy’s feature “A Picnic with Jammy!” on Fourthfloorwalkup.com
Hope you enjoy it… and make sure to purchase some jam for your upcoming picnics.
Yay! Spring is here and it’s time for picnics, outdoor brunch gatherings and of course tasty jams. In celebration of my friends, Lauren, 3 year anniversary of Fourth Floor Walk Up’s she is hosting a Jammy giveaway for three delicious flavors of gourmet, handmade jam. Best of all, the lucky winner can pick which three flavors they prefer! By the way, these jams would also make for a very special Mother’s Day gift. Lauren asked me which flavors are at the top of my list? “The Strawberry Habanero with Basil for a sweet jam that has a unique, spicy kick and definitely the Strawberry Coconut with Dark Chocolate for a fruity, yet indulgent sweet!”
Lauren will choose a winner at random Monday, April, 30 at 9pm EST. GOOD LUCK!!
1. Visit the Jammy Etsy shop and figure out which flavors you like most.
2. On Fourth Floor Walk Up leave a comment (by clicking on the comment bubble at the top right corner of this post) letting us know which flavors sound most delicious (unless you’ve tasted them for yourself already – which ones ARE your favorite).
HOW TO GET MORE JAM WINNING OPPORTUNITIES:
4. After that step or if you already “Like” FFWU, mention this giveaway to your followers and post a link on Twitter to this giveaway http://fourthfloorwalkup.com/2012/04/20/sponsor-giveaway-jammy-theartofjam-com/ and include the hashtag #ffwugiveaway
Jammy Giveaway starts: April 22, 2012 @ 9:01 am (EST)
Jammy Giveaway ends: April 30, 2012 @ 4:59 pm (EST)
P.S. Mother’s Day is May 13th!
*International entries are welcome and Jammy will pay the shipping, but the winner will be responsible for any international duties and taxes. Thanks!
All photos taken by: Nicole Rutsch – Jammy © 2012
Cheddar Biscuits with Strawberry Habanero and Basil Jam
It’s Sunday Funday in Williamsburg and for some reason the breakfast we had didn’t really fill us up. Since my fridge is filled Jammy, we decided to whip up some Cheddar Biscuits and pair it with the Strawberry Habanero and Basil Jam, which you can find on my Etsy store here.
The sweet and spicy jam is a nice blend with the savory, cheesy biscuits.
Best part of all, the biscuits are super easy to make.
See below the recipe for the Cheddar Biscuits
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
Lightly mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Make the biscuits:
Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add the shortening and pulse until combined. Add the butter; pulse 4 or 5 times, or until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Pour in the milk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough. Turn out onto a clean surface and gently knead until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in scant 1/4-cup portions, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy… Happy jaming!!!
How about this for some spring feeling? The weather was so nice in New York yesterday it inspired me to make this delicious Vanilla Cake with Buttercream, Berries and Jam .. just right when dreaming about spring, summer and some fun in the sun!
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 40 mins
Cool: 10 mins
Bake: 350°F for 22 mins to 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms of two 8×1 1/2-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper or waxed paper; grease and lightly flour pans. Set pans aside.
2. In a large bowl stir together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Add the water, oil, milk, and vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold beaten egg whites into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
4. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
5. To assemble, use a long serrated knife to cut cake layers in half horizontally. Place one cake layer, cut side down, on a serving plate. Spread with a generous 3/4 cup of the Butter Cream Frosting and 1/4 cup of the jam. Top with 1 cup of the sliced berries. Repeat with two more cake layers.
6. For top layer, place final cake layer cut side down and spread with 3/4 cup Butter Frosting, 1/4 cup jam, and top with 1 cup whole berries.